Wednesday, February 20, 2008

PAULA DEEN'S COLD NIGHT SOUP

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chuck
1 onion, chopped
2 19-oz cans hearty vegetable soup
1 15-oz can lima beans
1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
1 11-oz can whole kernel corn
1 10-oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles

Directions:
In a large skillet, combine ground chuck and onion; cook over medium heat until beef is browned and crumbles. Drain well. In a 6-quart electric slow cooker, combine beef mixture and remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.

My variation (I made a HUGE stock pot of this so I used a lot of ingredients).

Ingredients:
3.5 to 4 pounds ground chuck
1 onion
3 cans Progresso vegetable soup
1 can Progresso southwest vegetable soup
2 cans lima beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can Rotel
2 cans yellow & white corn
1 can white beans

This recipe was featured in January/February 2008 Cooking With Paula Deen magazine. Amy Davis insisted that I try it and it certainly is a keeper!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is my favorite winter soup recipe. I use 2 cans of Rotel "HOT", omit the diced tomatoes and add 1/4 finely diced cabbage and serve with buttermilk cornbread