Saturday, November 30, 2013

LOW-CARB LOADED CAULIFLOWER

Ingredients:
1 Head Cauliflower
4 oz. Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
4 T Butter
1/2 C Half & Half or Heavy Whipping Cream
1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Bacon Bits, to taste
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Directions:
Cut cauliflower from stem and rough chop (pieces can be large). Cook in large pot of boiling water until soft. Drain and return to pot (I keep my pot on the stove eye that is turned off, but still gets the heat). Mash the cauliflower with a potato masher until fine. Add remaining ingredients and stir.

Option: You can place into a baking dish, add cheese and bake in a 350° oven until cheese is bubbly for a "twice baked" cauliflower dish.

Recipe Notes:
I have seen variations of this recipe on the internet and have tweaked to make my own. Every time I serve this dish, everyone is surprised to learn I used cauliflower instead of potatoes! Great low-carb dish!

No comments: